For the second week running, Disney+ has had the top slot on the weekly Nielsen streaming chart, with Pixar’s “Soul” taking first place for the week of 21st December to the 27th December 2020.
This is also the first time Disney+ has had two entries in the Nielsen streaming chart, as last week’s number one show, “Star Wars: the Mandalorian” dropped to fifth place.
“Soul” pulled in an impressive 1,669 million minutes viewed, beating out Netflix’s smash-hit series “Bridgerton”. “The Office” continued to hold onto the second slot in the trending chart, but will likely be the last time on the chart as the show moved to Peacock at the start of January.
Here’s a look at the top 10 for the week of 12/21/20 – 12/27/20
- Soul (Disney+) – 1669
- The Office (Netflix) – 1435
- Bridgerton (Netflix) – 1204
- The Midnight Sky (Netflix) – 1113
- The Mandalorian (Disney+) – 1024
- How The Grinch Stole Xmas (Netflix) – 705
- The Crown (Netflix) – 700
- Greys Anatomy (Netflix) – 691
- Christmas Chronicles 2 (Netflix) – 660
- Criminal Minds (Netflix) – 648
Numbers indicate how many million minutes have been viewed.
Currently HBO Max isn’t included in the Nielsen top 10 streaming charts, so Warner Brothers “Wonder Woman 1984” would have likely been very high on this list as well.
Did you watch “Soul” over the Christmas period?