Following Google Play announcing its “2020 Awards”, which saw Disney+ picking up “Users’ Choice App of 2020”, Apple has now announced its awards for the year, with Disney+ picking up the “Apple TV App of the Year”.
Disney+ was also the second most popular free app on iPad, behind Zoom and the third most popular app on iPhones, with TikTok taking second place.
With such a crazy year, it showed that almost everyone just wanted to keep in touch with family, making short videos while watching Disney movies when having to stay in to stay safe.
Here is a look at Apple’s App Store Best of 2020 Winners:
1. iPhone App of the Year: Wakeout! (Andres Canella)
2. iPhone Game of the Year: Genshin Impact (miHoYo)
3. iPad App of the Year: Zoom (Zoom)
4. iPad Game of the Year: Legends of Runeterra (Riot Games)
5. Mac App of the Year: Fantastical (Flexibits)
6. Mac Game of the Year: Disco Elysium (ZA/UM)
7. Apple TV App of the Year: Disney Plus (Disney)
8. Apple TV Game of the Year: Dandara Trials of Fear (Raw Fury)
9. Apple Watch App of the Year: Endel (Endel)
10. Apple Arcade Game of the Year: Sneaky Sasquatch (RAC7)
11. App Trend of the Year: Shine, for helping users practice self-care (Shine)
12. App Trend of the Year: Explain Everything Whiteboard, for helping bring remote classrooms to life (Explain Everything)
13. App Trend of the Year: Caribu, for connecting families to loved ones (Caribu)
14. App Trend of the Year: Pokémon Go, for reinventing the way we play (Niantic)
15. App Trend of the Year: ShareTheMeal, for helping users make a difference (United Nations)
Did you download Disney+ on your Apple devices this year?