Earlier this year, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution listed a number of manager jobs in the Philippines, for the day-to-day running of Disney+ and to help with the launch of the streaming service.
Over six months later and Disney+ still hasn’t launched in the Philippines, but hopefully, it won’t be too much longer as Disney is now advertising for a Social Media Assistant Manager for Disney+. They are also advertising for an Brand and Content Manager and Assistant Manager – Influencer Marketing for the launch of Disney+
The Social Media Assistant Manager for Disney+ role is a regional role based in the Philippines, responsible for leading Disney+ Social Media in the Philippines and regional campaigns for SEA markets.
This role will be responsible for executing Social Media campaigns for the Disney+ and leading Social Media strategy & creative ideation for title campaigns for SEA. The role will launch local social channels for Disney+ (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter and others), will drive the implementation of social content strategies, and work with agencies to manage content calendars, scheduling and publishing of content. The core objective is to increase the brand share of voice on social media. This role requires a strong grasp of Social Media platforms and the candidate should be knowledgeable in industry trends and the latest innovations. They should also be experienced in different content formats on Social Media and how to leverage these formats creatively and effectively.
- Social Media Lead for Disney+ in Philippines and regional support for Asian titles
- Lead Social Media Marketing for the launch of D+ in Philippines
- Manage the Regional Social Media Agency’s local team in market
- Localising the creative campaign, always on and content briefs (provided by the regional team) for the local agency team with an emphasis on identifying key tactical frameworks that work in your market and achieving market specific goals.
- Deliver clear direction and inspiration to creative teams and agencies in developing sustainable and engaging concepts
- Oversee all Tier 1 title and Brand campaign Social Media execution (campaigns like Loki, Raya and the Last Dragon, Snowdrop) at both a local and regional level for select titles.
- Manage local always on Social Media asset production
- Manage all local Social Media activations in market
- Manage local influencer programme and activations
- Liaise with global for asset sourcing and content approvals for regional content
- Review and approve social captions – as voice of the brand there maybe times where you have to step on and write copy so it is in the correct tone of voice.
- Oversee the scheduling, calendar management and final approvals of all Social Media posts in your market.
- Provide reporting and analysis of results, including strategic recommendations and tactical tips that are directly related to insights in your market
- Analyse current-state Social Media channels and determine areas of improvement, expansion and refinement
- Have a strong awareness of emerging trends and behaviours on social channels. Able to link behaviours to root causes and interpret digital culture to find relevance for the business
- Consistent and strong collaborator who elevates the work of cross-functional teams
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in social planning in house or at digital/ social agencies
- Experience in Social Media/Content/Editorial/Digital Marketing
- Should be fluent in written and spoken English
- Social Native who is embedded into netizen culture
- Creative individual who is passionate about the Disney+ brands
- Hands-on experience developing insights from social listening. Detailed understanding of social analytics across channels. Ability to synthesize data from many sources into actionable insights
- Highly informed and thoughtful perspectives on social platforms. Ability to adapt brand expression and campaign strategy to relevant social channel experiences and strategy
- Working knowledge of tools a plus, e.g. Sprinklr, Social Bakers, Hootsuite, Meltwater, Radian 6 etc
- Ability to work at rapid pace
- Ideally someone who is incredibly passionate about Korea/Asian titles as well as the core Disney brands.
This isn’t the first time that job adverts have hinted at future Disney+ launches, as we’ve previously seen this with jobs being listed for other countries before launch, including across Europe and in South East Asia.
These job vacancies should indicate that Disney+ will be launching in the Philippines at some point in the future, but it’s important to note that it will take some months for Disney to fill the vacancies, since they will have to do job interviews, background checks etc. Then the team will have to plan for the launch, so the launch of Disney+ in this area might take a while.
But the good news is that there looks to be movement on the launch of Disney+ in the Philippines at some point in the future, especially if they are looking for social media managers, since that would indicate that the streaming service is going to launch pretty soon.
With an upcoming quarterly financial results meeting coming up in a few weeks, hopefully, some more details on the launch in the Philippines are coming soon.
Are you excited about the launch of Disney+ in the Philippines?