Disney+ Philippines Launch Details Announced
After a long wait, Disney+ is finally launching in the Philippines on Thursday, 17th November 2022 and it will be the home of movies and TV shows from Disney’s iconic brands, including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic and Star.
Disney+ will be accessible on a wide selection of mobile and televisions subject to users’ chosen subscription plans, including smartphones and tablets (Android or iOS), smart TVs such as Samsung and LG and connected TV devices, including Google TV and other Android TV OS, Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD and Chromecast.
There will be two tiers available, Mobile and Premium:
- A Mobile Plan for P159 ($3) monthly or P1,150 ($20) annually
- A Premium Plan for P369 ($6) monthly or P2,950 ($50) annually
Based on their chosen subscription plans, consumers will be able to access high-quality viewing, with up to four concurrent streams available only with the premium plan, personalized recommendations, and the ability to create up to seven different user profiles per account. The Mobile Plan will be a little more limited, with just one concurrent stream at once, and it will only be available in HD (720p). 4K will only be available for subscribers on a premium plan.
It looks like the Philippines will be getting the newer version of the Disney+ app, which recently launched across the Middle East and Africa, which is a hybrid of the Disney+ Hotstar and Disney+ apps. It’s also interesting that the Philippines is not getting the Hotstar branding like other countries within South East Asia.
David Shin, Senior Vice President and Managing Director, Southeast Asia, Taiwan and Hong Kong, The Walt Disney Company, said in a statement:
“Through Disney+, we are opening new doors of entertainment to everyone with our heritage of unparalleled storytelling, creative excellence and cutting-edge content delivery.
We are excited that consumers in the Philippines can soon connect with their beloved characters and brands and enjoy access to some of the world’s most original and iconic stories, told by the world’s most talented creators.”
Disney+ will launch with a huge collection of content from across Disney’s studios, including:
- Disney+ Originals and exclusives like Marvel Studios’ WandaVision, She-Hulk: Attorney at Law, Moon Knight and Loki; Lucasfilm’s The Mandalorian, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Andor; Hocus Pocus 2 and the upcoming Willow and Disenchanted
- Korean content such as Big Mouth, Snowdrop, BTS: PERMISSION TO DANCE ON STAGE – LA, IN THE SOOP : Friendcation, Soundtrack #1 and Doctor Lawyer
- Blockbuster films from Marvel Studios including Avengers: Endgame, Avengers: Infinity War, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Black Panther, Thor: Love and Thunder, and the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special
- All 12 Star Wars movies including Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Star Wars: The Last Jedi and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
- Access to iconic Walt Disney Animation Studios’ movies including the Oscar-winning Encanto, the live action reimagining of Pinocchio, as well as animated classics including Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Frozen, Mulan, Raya and the Last Dragon, The Lion King, Zootopia and more.
- Heartwarming and powerful storytelling from Disney and Pixar, including Lightyear, Turning Red, Soul, Luca, Coco, and more
- Documentaries and specials from National Geographic including Gordon Ramsay: Uncharted, Limitless with Chris Hemsworth, Running Wild with Bear Grylls, and more
- A specially curated Star content selection including Emmy Award winning series Grey’s Anatomy, Dopesick, NCIS and reality TV hits The Kardashians and more
- Other movies from franchises including the X-Men, Predator, Night at the Museum, Home Alone, and well-loved animated series like The Simpsons and Family Guy
- Premium live events and video-on-demand from World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)
- The newest season of Emmy award-winning singing competition series, The Voice
You can sign up from November 17th through DisneyPlus.com and the Disney+ app