“Up Here” Cast Revealed
20th Television is developing a brand new comedy series, “Up Here”, which is set in New York City in 1999 and follows an ordinary couple as they fall in love while discovering the single greatest obstacle to finding happiness together might just be themselves.
According to Deadline, the series will star Mae Whitman (Good Girls) and Carlos Valdes (Gaslit) in the main roles of Lindsay and Miguel.
Some other cast have been revealed, including:
- Katie Finneran (The Gilded Age) will play Joan, the unfailingly proper, appearance-fixated mother of Lindsay.
- John Hodgman (Blindspot) will play , Lindsay’s danger-obsessed father and chief coroner of Chittenden County, VA.
- Andréa Burns (West Side Story) will play Rosie, Miguel’s mother.
- Sophia Hammons (Under Wraps) will play Celeste, Lindsay’s rule-following, risk averse best friend from seventh grade.
- George Hampe (The Resident) will play Ned, Lindsay’s sweet, small town Vermont pediatric dentist boyfriend.
- Julia McDermott (Women of the Movement) will play Fiona, Miguel’s sharp and acerbic video game project manager girlfriend
- Scott Porter (Friday Night Lights) will play Orson, the supremely self-confident and self-important private equity manager who destroyed Miguel’s life.
- Ayumi Patterson (The Falling World) will play Marta, Lindsay’s sophisticated and not entirely trustworthy New York City roommate.
- Brian Stokes Mitchell (tick, tick, BOOM) will play Ted aka Mr. McGooch, a beloved author and illustrator, whose classic children’s books were a fixture of Lindsay’s youth.
The series will feature original songs created by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez, who have previously worked on “Frozen” and “WandaVision”.
Filming begins this summer in New York. The Writers/executive producers for the show include Steven Levenson (showrunner), Danielle Sanchez-Witzel, Kristen Anderson-Lopez, Robert Lopez. Executive producers are Thomas Kail and Jennifer Todd and co-executive Producer: Erica Kay Director is Thomas Kail.
This eight-episode series was given a straight-to-series order by Hulu, so we should also expect to see the series released as a Star Original on Star+ and Disney+ internationally.