Walt Disney Studios is releasing a wide selection of new films in 2022, including huge epic Marvel superhero films, animated classics, documentaries and much more.
This list will provide you with a monthly breakdown of every new movie released by Disney and it will be updated monthly with new details.
Disney is still committed to releasing its major films theatrically before these are released on Disney’s streaming services including Disney+ after a limited exclusive window expires. So for the purposes of this list, I’m going to be only including them once for their theatrical release date. The availability of new theatrical films on Disney’s streaming services can vary per title, with new titles being added between 30 days and 90 days after its been released in cinemas.
Due to the unique nature of Disney’s Original streaming films being spread across multiple platforms globally, including Disney+, Star+ and Hulu, new film releases will often be released on different streaming services. Internationally in countries including Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland and in the UK, Disney+ offers a broad choice of content including more mature films.
Here’s the rundown:
New Movies In January 2022
- The Ice Age Adventures Of Buck Wild – January 28th 2022 – US/Canada/Latin America – Disney+
- Nightmare Alley – January 21st 2022 – Europe/Australia – Theatrical
- Sex Appeal – 14th January 2022 – Hulu
- The Eyes Of Tammy Faye – 27th January 2022 – Australia/New Zealand – Theatrical
January is a little light on new films. For some reason, Disney+ split the global release of “The Ice Age Adventures Of Buck Wild” up, with Europe and Australia/New Zealand getting the film delayed a couple of months. Searchlight Pictures also had a couple of films from 2021 slip into 2022.
New Movies In February 2022
- The Eyes Of Tammy Faye – 4th February 2022 – UK/Ireland – Theatrical
- Death On The Nile – 11th February 2022 – Global – Theatrical
- No Exit – 28th February 2022 – Global – Hulu/Disney+/Star+
There were only two major releases during February, “Death On The Nile” was the main theatrical release, while “No Exit” was released globally on Disney’s streaming services.
New Movies In March 2022
- Fresh – 4th March – Global (18th March UK/Ireland) – Hulu/Disney+/Star+
- Turning Red – 11th March – Global – Disney+
- Deep Water – 18th March – Global – Hulu/Amazon Prime
- Cheaper By The Dozen – 18th March – Global – Disney+
- More Than Robots – 18th March – Global – Disney+
- OLIVIA RODRIGO: driving home 2 u – 25th March – Global – Disney+
- The Ice Age Adventures Of Buck Wild – March 28th 2022 – Europe/Australia/New Zealand – Disney+
March is a packed month for films, especially on Disney+ since it’s lacking any major new Star Wars or Marvel series to keep subscribers engaged, resulting in many more films being released than normal.
“Turning Red” was originally going to be a theatrical release, but was shifted to Disney+ due to fears over the pandemic. “Deep Water” was sold to Amazon Prime for a release outside the US.
This article will be updated with more details for new releases throughout the year
What film from 2022 have you enjoyed so far?