During the Television Critics Association Winter Press Tour, Disney’s Onyx Collective has announced the straight-to-series greenlight for the three-part docu-series “Black Twitter” (working title) from A Penny for Your Thoughts, WIRED Studios and Culture House.
Based on Jason Parham’s WIRED article “A People’s History of Black Twitter,” this three-part series charts the rise, the movements, the voices and the memes that made Black Twitter an influential and dominant force in nearly every aspect of American political and cultural life.
Prentice Penny is directing the series, marking the first project with Onyx Collective via his overall deal under the banner of his company, A Penny for Your Thoughts. Jason Parham (WIRED Studios) is producing the series.
Executive producers include:
- Prentice Penny (A Penny For Your Thoughts)
- Chris Pollack (A Penny For Your Thoughts)
- Alex Soler (A Penny For Your Thoughts)
- Sarah Amos (WIRED Studios)
- Helen Estabrook (WIRED Studios)
- Agnes Chu (WIRED Studios)
- Andrew Whitney (WIRED Studios)
- Raeshem Nijhon (Culture House)
- Carri Twigg (Culture House)
- Nicole Galovski (Culture House)
- Joie Jacoby, executive producer and showrunner (Culture House)
No release information has yet been announced, but expect it to be released on Hulu in the U.S., Star+ in Latin America and Disney+ in all other territories.