The third season of “Big Sky” returns to our screens this Fall, and Deadline has revealed some of the cast set to appear in the new season.
In the third season of “Big Sky”, private detective Cassie Dewell (Kylie Bunbury), under sheriff Jenny Hoyt, and newly appointed sheriff Beau Arlen (Jensen Ackles) maintain order in Helena, Montana. But when a local backcountry trip led by charismatic outfitter Sunny Barnes (fka Sunny Brick) (Reba McEntire) goes awry, the trio face their most formidable mystery yet.
Deputy Mo Poppernak, who is played by J. Anthony Pena, has been upped to a series regular for the third season. The character appeared in the majority of the episodes in the second season and is Jenny Hoyt’s chatty, upbeat partner at the Sheriff’s Department
It’s also been revealed that Luke Mitchell (Blindspot), Seth Gabel (Salem), Henry Ian Cusick (Lost), Anirudh Pisharody (9-1-1) and Madalyn Horcher (Gracepoint) have joined the cast in recurring roles.
Here are details on the new characters:
- Luck Mitchell plays Cormac, backcountry outfitter Sunny Barnes’ charming son. He’s the worker bee on her camping trips, making sure guests are always equipped and comfortable.
- Seth Gabel portrays Walter, a recluse who lives in a cabin in the Montana wilderness. His unpredictable nature can make for menacing run-ins with stray hikers.
- Henry Ian Cusick is Avery, a well-meaning, successful tech entrepreneur who books himself and his stepdaughter Emily on Barnes’ camping trip.
- Anirudh Pisharody plays Luke, a city slicker whose girlfriend Paige dragged him onto Sunny Day Excursions for his birthday.
- Madalyn Horcher portrays Paige, a New Yorker and Luke’s girlfriend who booked them both on Sunny’s camping trip.
Big Sky is produced by Disney Television Studios’ 20th Television for ABC and is executive produced by C. J. Box, Gwyneth Horder-Payton, Paul McGuigan, Matthew Gross, Ross Fineman, David E. Kelley, and Elwood Reid. Kelly serves as the series creator.
The third season returns on September 21st on ABC, with new episodes being available on Hulu. “Big Sky” is also released as a Star Original on Disney+ around the world, however, no return date has yet been confirmed for an international release yet.
Are you looking forward to the return of “Big Sky”?