If you’ve ever started up Disney+ on your device and gotten an error message that says “Error code 83: ‘Something went wrong. Please try again…'” you might be wondering what you can do to fix it.
What does “Error code 83: ‘Something went wrong. Please try again…'” on Disney+ mean?
This is usually a device compatibility issue or connection error. Possible causes include, but are not limited to:
- Using an unsupported device (including an emulator) or method to access Disney+
- Example: playing a video on your device’s web browser instead of the Disney+ app
- Unstable or slow internet connection
Basically, it means Disney+ thinks you’re trying to watch on a device that can’t actually run the app.
How To Fix “Error code 83: ‘Something went wrong. Please try again…'” on Disney+?
To fix this problem, check the following:
- Close down the Disney+ app fully and relaunch the Disney+ app or refresh the Disney+ site and try playing the video again in a few minutes.
- Power down or restart your device, and then try relaunching the Disney+ app once rebooted
- Make sure your device is supported and that the latest version of the app is installed.
- Uninstall the Disney+ app on your device and reinstall it
- Check your internet connection is working correctly. I’d recommend giving your router a reboot as well if the problem persists.
- Try logging into Disney+ on a different device, such as your phone, web browser, or video game console. If it works, you’ve now eliminated that the problem is your account or if it’s your internet, but restricted to your device.
- If you use a VPN, turn this off and try using Disney+ again
If your still having problems, please contact Disney+ Technical Support
How To Contact Disney+ Via Telephone –
- 888-905-7888 (US)
- 888-282-0520 (CANADA)
- 020 3936 2903 (UK)
- 1800-965-160 (AUSTRALIA)
Disney+ also offers support via a Live Chat – Click here to go to Disney+ Live support
Disney+ support is available for live support 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Note: Disney+ does not have email support