Disney picked up a number of awards at the 2022 EE British Academy Film Awards, which celebrate the very best in film of the past year.
Nominees and guests attended an in-person ceremony at the Royal Albert Hall hosted by Rebel Wilson. The show featured two musical performances: Dame Shirley Bassey performed ‘Diamonds are Forever’ to celebrate 60 years of Bond, and Emilia Jones performed Joni Mitchell’s ‘Both Sides Now’ from the film CODA.
Some of the highlight wins for Disney include:
“Encanto” won Best Animated Film.
“West Side Story” won two awards, Best Supporting Actress for Ariana DeBose and for the film casting.
“Summer of Soul (…Or, When the Revolution Could Not Be Televised)” won Best Documentary.
“The Eyes of Tammy Faye” won Best Make Up & Hair.
“Cruella” won Best Costume Design.
The winners for the 2022 EE BAFTAs included:
- The Power of the Dog won two BAFTAs: Best Film, and Director for Jane Campion.
- CODA won two awards: Adapted Screenplay for Siân Heder, and Supporting Actor for Troy Kotsur.
- West Side Story won two awards: Supporting Actress for Ariana DeBose and Casting.
- Dune won five awards: Original Score, Cinematography, Production Design, Sound and Special Visual Effects.
- Belfast won Outstanding British Film.
- The Harder They Fall won Outstanding Debut for Jeymes Samuel.
- Summer of Soul (…Or, When the Revolution Could Not Be Televised) won Documentary.
- Drive My Car won Film Not in the English Language.
- Encanto won Animated Film.
- Original Screenplay was won by Paul Thomas Anderson for Licorice Pizza.
- Leading Actor was won by Will Smith for King Richard.
- Leading Actress was won by Joanna Scanlan for After Love.
- No Time to Die won Editing, The Eyes of Tammy Faye won Make Up & Hair, Cruella won Costume Design.
- The Black Cop won the British Short Film award, while the BAFTA for British Short Animation was won by Do Not Feed the Pigeons.
- The EE Rising Star Award, voted for by the public, went to Lashana Lynch.