Disney’s ABC Signature is currently developing a new legal drama called “Reasonable Doubt”, which is being created by Disney’s Onyx Collective for Disney’s streaming services, where it will be released as a Hulu Original in the US and as a Star Original on Disney+ internationally.
In “Reasonable Doubt” you’ll judge Jax Stewart (played by Emayatzy Corinealdi) for her questionable ethics and wild interpretations of the law… until you’re the one in trouble. Then you’ll see her for what she is: the most brilliant and fearless defense attorney in Los Angeles who bucks the justice system at every chance she gets.
Deadline has revealed some new casting details, which include Victor Rasuk, Christopher Cassarino, Brooke Lyons and Eugene Byrd. Also set to appear in the series are Paul Fox, Perri Camper, Nefetari Spencer, Tiffany Yvonne Cox and Shannon Kane.
Here are some character details:
- Rasuk plays Mike Llanas, an overzealous D.A., a man who lives and dies for his work. He and Jax went to law school together and have a history as rivals. Victor Rasuk has previously stared in “The Baker And The Beauty”.
- Cassarino will play Rich, an attorney at the same firm where Jax works, dealing mostly with contracts and litigation. He clashes with Jax during a huge case during the season. Christopher Cassarino has previously starred in the Disney+ Original series, “The Right Stuff” and the NBC series, “New Amsterdam”.
- Lyons portrays Sarah, the wife of multi-millionaire Braydon Mitchell. Sarah is well-educated and gave up everything to support her husband. Brooke has previously starred in “Lincoln Rhyme: Hunt for the Bone Collector“.
- Byrd plays CJ, Damon’s brother, who feels betrayed when Damon questions him about conducting other business at the auto-shop while Damon was in jail. Eugene has previously starred in nature films such as “8 Mile” and “Dead Man”.
- Fox will play Theo James, Brayden Mitchell’s CFO, a warm and genuine individual who is dismayed at all the controversy surrounding his boss, but also a man whose loyalty would make him cross some questionable boundaries. Fox has previously starred in “Mank“.
- Camper portrays Kaleesha Moore. Smart and confident, Kaleesha can fit into any room she steps into. Kaleesha is an Executive Vice President at Brayden Mitchell’s company. Camper has previously starred in “American Soul”.
- Spencer is Sally, a straight-talking, good-humored doctor. Sally is the “ride or die” friend among Jax’s group of close women friends. Spencer has previously starred in “South Side”.
- Cox plays Autumn, the listener and caretaker of Jax’s friends. Autumn is happily married to her wife and considers herself Jax’s best friend since tenth grade. Tiffany has previously starred in “Good Trouble” and “Grey’s Anatomy”.
- Kane portrays Shanelle, the quiet “judger” of Jax’s group of close friends. Shanelle and Jax have a complicated history that often puts them at odds. Shannon has previously starred in “Terror Lake Drive“.
The series is being created by writer/executive producer Raamla Mohamed, who has previously worked on “Scandal”. It will also be executive produced by Kerry Washington, who will direct the first episode. Other executive producers include Pilar Savone for Simpson Street and Larry Wilmore via Wilmore Films. Celebrity attorney Shawn Holley, a member of O.J. Simpson’s legal defense “Dream Team,” and Jon Leshay are co-executive producers.
Are you looking forward to this new legal drama?