With the ongoing carriage dispute between Charter Communications, which has resulted in millions of Spectrum cable subscribers across America losing access to Disney’s linear channels such as FX, ABC and ESPN, a new discount has been announced for Hulu+Live TV, where new customers and eligible returning subscribers (who have not been Hulu subscribers in the past one month) can get the cable replacement service for just $49.99 a month for the first three months.
The core of this dispute between the two companies is that Charter Communications wants its cable customers to be given free access to Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+, since they claim that they are paying for all the content on the streaming service and since the cable system is broken, things need to change, and the price rise that Disney wanted to make for its linear channels is too much. Disney had said that Charter rejected Disney’s multiple offers to extend negotiations before taking Disney Entertainment’s networks down.
So, with the first weekend of NFL underway, Disney has begun aggressively targetting cable customers who want to watch the ESPN channels with this new limited-time offer for Hulu+Live TV.
Hulu+Live TV includes:
- Stream 90+ top Live and On Demand TV channels on Hulu, including sports, news, and entertainment
- Get unlimited access to the Hulu (With Ads) streaming library. Enjoy full seasons of exclusive series, current episodes, hit movies, Originals, kids shows, and more
- Watch Hulu on 2 screens at the same time
- Watch Live TV on Hulu online and on iOS, Android, Roku, Fire TV & Fire Stick, Apple TV (4th gen), Chromecast, Xbox One & Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, Samsung (select TV models), LG (select TV models), and Nintendo Switch – more devices coming soon
- Unlimited DVR: Store Live TV recordings for up to nine months and fast-forward through your DVR content
- Endless entertainment with Disney+. Get the best of Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and Nat Geo, all in one place
- Live sports with ESPN+, now on Hulu. Thousands of live events from UFC, MLB, international soccer, and more
Unlike cable, Hulu+Live TV has no hidden fees, equipment rentals, or installation appointments. It can also be cancelled online and isn’t locked into a long-term contract. Following three months at $49.99, the price will increase to $76.99/month on 10/12/2023.
While this might not be an ideal solution to the carriage dispute, at least there are alternative options available to Spectrum customers. But it’s also part of the core issue for Charter Communications, who have previously looked into getting out of the video business, to just focus on their broadband options. Since you still need to pay for access to the internet to watch streaming services like Disney+ and Hulu.
You can sign up for Hulu+Live TV by clicking here
Have you switched from Cable to Hulu+Live TV? Let us know on social media!