The British Academy of Film and Television Arts has announced the nominations for the EE British Academy Film Awards in 2020. Which include many Disney movies that are already on Disney+ or will be added later this year including The Lion King, Frozen 2 and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. 20th Century Fox also picked up some nominations for JoJo Rabbit and Ford Vs Ferrari (La Mans ‘66).
The EE British Academy Film Awards, takes place on Sunday 2nd February at the Royal Albert Hall, London.
A total of 39 feature films received nominations today. Highlights include:
- 11 nominations for Joker
- 10 nominations for The Irishman and Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood
- Nine nominations for 1917
- Six nominations for Jojo Rabbit
- Five nominations for Little Women, Marriage Story and The Two Popes
- Four nominations for For Sama, Parasite and Rocketman
- Three nominations for Bombshell, Judy, Le Mans ’66 and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
- Two nominations for Bait
- One nomination for each of the following feature films: American Factory, Apollo 11, Avengers: Endgame, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, Booksmart, Diego Maradona, The Farewell, Frozen 2, The Great Hack, Klaus, Knives Out, The Lighthouse, The Lion King, Maiden, Only You, Pain and Glory, The Personal History of David Copperfield, Portrait of a Lady on Fire, Retablo, A Shaun the Sheep Movie: Farmageddon, Sorry We Missed You, Toy Story 4 and Wild Rose
- The following British short films were nominated: Azaar, Goldfish, Kamali, Learning to Skateboard in a Warzone (If You’re a Girl), The Trap, Grandad Was a Romantic, In Her Boots and The Magic Boat
Walt Disney Studios movies have been nominated for the following movies:
The nominations were announced by Ella Balinska and Asa Butterfield at BAFTA Piccadilly in London.
Do you think any of these movies will win a BAFTA?