Star Wars: The Mandalorian Details & Images Revealed At Star Wars Celebration
At this weekends Star Wars Celebration event in Chicago, Jon Favaru hosted a special panel for his new Disney+ exclusive live action series, Star Wars: The Mandalorian. Also on the panel was Dave Filoni, Pedro Pascal, Gina Carano and Carl Weathers.
During the panel, some new details were revealed, but things were kept pretty tight lipped but here are a few keypoints:
- It’s set 5 years after the events of Return Of The Jedi
- Gina Carano plays “Cara Dune” an ex-Rebel Shock Trooper that is having a hard time reintegrating into society now that the war is over.
- Carl Weathers plays “Greef”, who is the head of a guild of bounty hunters.
- The Mandalorian’s ship is called “Razor Crest”
- They are using practical effects for as much as possible.
- They used the 501st Legion to play additional Stormtroopers.
- “The Mandalorian is a mysterious lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy,. Some might say he had question moral character.” Said Pedro Pascal.
- The series is inspired by spaghetti Westerns and samurai films
Disney also released some official images of Star Wars: The Mandalorian: There was a sizzle reel shown to those in attendance, but this wasn’t released to the public. This video showed mainly behind the scenes information, with a few shots of the main characters.
Check out the full livestream below:
Star Wars: The Mandalorian will be released on November 12th on Disney+