Nielsen has released its weekly streaming top 10 chart in the United States for the week of 23rd November 2020 through to 29th November 2020. Netflix continues to dominate the chart with 9 out of 10 entries in the chart, with “The Crown” once again dominating the number one place and Kurt Russell’s “The Christmas Chronicles 2” shot straight into the second spot.
With many staying home for the Thanksgiving weekend, streaming was extremely popular as the top six entries on the chart surpassed 1 billion viewing minutes, which was the first time that’s happened since the chart was created in August.
The only Disney+ entry on the chart was “Star Wars: The Mandalorian”, which held onto its fourth place. It’s also important to note that “The Mandalorian” is dropping its episodes weekly, whereas Netflix drops the entire season at once.
Here are Nielsen’s full weekly rankings, with available episodes for series and rounded viewing minute totals:
- The Crown – 40 eps., 2.2B min.
- The Christmas Chronicles 2 – film, 1.5B min.
- Virgin River – 20 eps., 1.3B min.
- The Mandalorian – 13 eps., 1.2B min.
- The Office – 192 eps., 1.1B min.
- The Queen’s Gambit – 7 eps, 1.1B min.
- Hillbilly Elegy – film, 787M min.
- Grey’s Anatomy – 363 eps., 750M min.
- Criminal Minds – 277 eps., 713M min.
- Schitt’s Creek – 80 eps., 697M min.
Did you watch any of these shows over Thanksgiving?