At last weeks Walt Disney Company’s quarterly financial results investor call, Disney CEO Bob Chapek announced Disney+ would be coming to Latin America in November.
Today, Disney announced more details on the Disney+ launch in Latin America and the Caribbean. Disney + will be the exclusive destination of the most complete and the best selection of films and series from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic , as well as exclusive original productions, thus becoming the only streaming platform where all available Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars movies are accessible.
No pricing or exact launch date was announced, but lots of other details have been announced:
“ We know that our Latin American audiences are looking forward to the launch of Disney +, the only streaming service that will offer exclusive access to all premieres of available content from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic. Plus, bring together all of Disney’s animated classics for the first time in one exclusive destination. The entertainment proposal will be complemented with a robust offer of original Disney + series and films, a self-produced label, with a variety of titles that can be seen only on our platform, as well as original content produced locally in several countries of the region for the most diverse audiences ”
remarked Diego Lerner, President, The Walt Disney Company Latin America. And he added:
“ As of its launch in Latin America, Disney + will become the first and only streaming access option with the exclusive presence of all available film content from our brands. Disney + will also be the only service to offer the complete catalog of all Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars films with unlimited and permanent access for its subscribers. Our audience will also be able to access on Disney + all the available TV content produced locally or globally in home video formats (series, TV movies, documentaries, shows, concerts, events and special programs) , being the only digital destination that will have everything. In general I can say that the best and most relevant of Disney for all family members will be unlimited and permanent s or what Disney +. We will share more details about our next Disney + launch soon . ”
In the region, some of the new films, series, documentaries and shorts produced to be accessible only on the platform ( Disney + originals, with 19 Emmy Award nominations) will be available with the launch of the service and others will be released later. Among them, the public can enjoy:
- The new Marvel Studios stories, which will arrive in simultaneous US premiere currently scheduled between 2020 and 2021 : “Falcon and the Winter Soldier ,” which brings together Sam Wilson / Falcon (Anthony Mackie) and Bucky Barnes / The Soldier Winter (Sebastian Stan) after the events of “ AVENGERS: ENDGAME,” in a global adventure that tests his skills and patience ; “WandaVision” the comedy series that combines the classic comedy style with the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) in which Wanda Maximoff (Elizabeth Olsen) and Vision (Paul Bettany) are living an ideal suburban life until they begin to suspect that not everything is as it seems; and “Loki”a new series in which Tom Hiddleston reprises his role as Loki and which also takes place after the events of “ AVENGERS: ENDGAME” .
- The eight episodes that make up the first season of “ The Mandalorian,” the epic live-action series in the STAR WARS saga , nominated for 15 Emmy® Awards and starring Jon Favreau as showrunner and Pedro Pascal as Mando. In turn, the second season will be released at the same time as in the US Also, STAR WARS fans will be able to see in November “ Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian”, a documentary series that explores behind the scenes of “The Mandalorian” through interviews, exclusive images and round tables with those involved in the project. Also, ” Star Wars: The Clone Wars”, The Emmy® Award-winning animated series returns for its epic conclusion on Disney +.
- Films that The Walt Disney Studios has created exclusively for the platform, such as “ LADY AND THE TRAMP, ” a live-action reversion of the 1955 animated classic ; ” NOELLE ” , an original holiday film comedy starring Anna Kendrick ; “TOGO,” the adventure-filled true story set in the winter of 1925 in the dangerous wilderness of the Alaskan tundra, which will test the strength, courage and determination of one man, Leonhard Seppala (played by Willem Dafoe, Oscar® nominee four times) and Togo, the dog at the head of his sled .
- Films that capture the essence of live experiences, such as “HAMILTON,” which represents a leap forward in the art of recording feature-length live shows and will transport audiences to Broadway in a unique and unique way. intimate with the direction of Thomas Kail and the production of Lin-Manuel Miranda and Jeffrey Seller.
- With the spirit that characterizes Disney Channel productions will arrive: ” High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, “a new series that follows the days of East High students, who are preparing to present a musical. The series is full of meta-references to the Disney Channel original franchise; and “Secret Society of Royal Children,” a thrilling film combining the charm of royalty with the action-packed adventures of superheroes-in-training, from director Anna Mastro and based on a story by Alex Litvak, Andrew Green and Austin Winsberg. .
- The original National Geographic series “ The Right Stuff,” an adaptation of Tom Wolfe’s bestseller of the same name that chronicles in the “non-fiction” genre the early days of the US space program, produced for National Geographic by Appian Way ( Producer Leonardo Di Caprio) and Warner Horizon Scripted Television, executive produced by Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Davisson and Mark Lafferty ( “Castle Rock , ” “Halt and Catch Fire” ), who is also showrunner .
- ” Marvel Heroes Project, “ a program that celebrates extraordinary children who make a difference in their communities; and the six-episode documentary “The Imagineering Story, ” from Emmy® and Oscar® nominated director Leslie Iwerks.
- The new short-form series ” Pixar in Real Life “ and ” Disney Family Sundays “ and the full collections of animated shorts ” SparkShorts “ and ” Forky Asks “ from Pixar Animation Studios.
Past, present and future of storytelling with local flavor
The platform offers all audiences a unique and unmatched combination in its category , integrating its new programs and films to the collection belonging to the library of the creators of The Walt Disney Company; visionaries representing the cutting edge of creativity from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic.
These are some of the movies, shorts and series that will be available for streaming in the region only and exclusively through Disney + starting with their launch in November 2020:
- Animated classics from the Walt Disney Signature Collection, from Walt Disney Animation Studios, created by or inspired by the imagination and legacy of Walt Disney, including ” Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs “, ” Beauty and the Beast “, ” Pinocchio ” ” Bambi ,” ” the Lion King “, ” the Lady and the Tramp ,” ” Peter Pan ,” ” the Little Mermaid “, ” the Cinderella “ and more.
- The most recent Disney hits in live-action, such as: “ALADDÍN”, “THE JUNGLE BOOK”, “THE LION KING”, “BEAUTY AND THE BEAST” and “CINDERELLA”, among others.
- All films produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by The Walt Disney Studios that are part of the “MCU” (Marvel Cinematic Universe) from “ IRON MAN” to “ AVENGERS: END GAME”.
- The complete STAR WARS saga , from its first release in 1977 to its culmination in 2019, plus theatrical titles that expand this universe, such as ” Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” and ” Han Solo: A Star Wars Story. Star Wars “.
- Pixar Animation Studios’ complete collection of groundbreaking fan-favorite movies such as “ TOY STORY ,” “ INTENSE-MIND, ” “ COCO ,” “ WALL-E ,” “ UP: AN ADVENTURE OF HEIGHT ,” “ MONSTERS, INC. “ ,” LOOKING FOR NEMO “ ,” THE INCREDIBLES “ AND” COURAGEOUS “ , as well as all the remembered Pixar short films, among them ” Bao “ and ” Sanjay – El Súper Equipo “ , winners of the Oscar®.
- The entire repertoire of episodes of successful local Disney production series that will be gradually incorporated into Disney +, so that a new audience can discover stories such as “Violetta”, “Soy Luna”, “Bia”, “O11CE”, “Juacas”, ” Peter Punk “,” Jungle Nest “,” Highway: Rolling the Adventure “,” When the Bell Rings “ and ” Art Attack “ . Preschoolers will be able to learn and be entertained with “Nivis, friends from another world”, “Junior Express”, “Bárbara’s Flower Shop”, “The House of Disney Junior”, “Morko and Mali”, “The Garden of Clarilú”, ” Playground ” and “ Playhouse Disney ”.
- The most iconic series of Disney Channels like “Hannah Montana”, “Zack and Cody: Twins in Action”, “Kim Possible”, “The House of Mickey Mouse”, “PJ Masks: Heroes in Pajamas” and “Captain Jake and the Pirates of Neverland ”; In addition to the Disney Channel original movies preferred a generation, including ” High School Musical “ , “Camp Rock” and ” Descendants “.
- Amazing National Geographic adventures, including the documentary series “One Strange Rock” ( hosted by Will Smith), the short documentary series “ Origins: The Journey of the Human Kind,” which features renowned host Jason Silva, “Jane Goodall: The Hope ”, the documentary marking the 60th anniversary of his arrival in Tanzania to study the chimpanzee kingdom,“ Before the Flood ”, starring Leonardo Di Caprio, “ Free Solo ” the Oscar®-winning documentary in the category “Best Documentary” and programs produced in Latin America, such as “La Ciencia de lo absurdo” .
- Some of the classic television series of Marvel from 1979 to the present, including ” X-Men”, “Spider – Man” and “Marvel ‘ s Runaways”.
Will you be looking forward to Disney+ launching in the Caribbean and Latin America?