How To Save Money Before Disney+ Price Rise
Disney has recently announced there will be some changes coming to Disney+ in the United States on 8th December 2022, with the addition of a new ad-supported tier to offer choice to consumers and give viewers ultimate flexibility in choosing an option that suits their needs.
There will be two new tiers:
- Basic (With Ads) – $7.99 A Month
- Premium (No Ads) – $10.99 A Month / $109.99 Annual
To Save Money On Disney+
Currently, Disney+ costs $7.99 a month or $79.99 for an annual subscription, which will become the Premium tier on December 8th 2022. So there is going to be a big price rise to keep on the ad-free tier.
Disney+ isn’t going to be offering an annual subscription for the basic package, so the only way to save money before the launch of the ad tier is to take out an annual subscription before 7th December 2022.
- If you are a monthly subscriber. Take out an annual subscription before 7th December 2022 to lock in Disney+ for a year at $79.99.
- If you’re an annual subscriber whose subscription is due to renew before 7th December 2022, make sure you renew as soon as you can.
- If your annual subscription is due to renew after 8th December 2022, unfortunately, your next renewal will be the new price.
- Check for offers, such as with your wireless provider or credit card provider, who often provide free or discounted subscriptions.
Kareem Daniel, Chairman, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution said in a statement:
“With our new ad-supported Disney+ offering and an expanded lineup of plans across our entire streaming portfolio, we will be providing greater consumer choice at a variety of price points to cater to the diverse needs of our viewers and appeal to an even broader audience. Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ feature unparalleled content and viewing experiences and offer the best value in streaming today, with over 100,000 movie titles, TV episodes, original shows, sports and live events collectively.”
The new pricing for Disney’s direct-to-consumer streaming services as of December 8 (except where noted) in the U.S. will be as follows:
Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ Standalone Plans:
|Disney+||Basic (With Ads)||$7.99||N/A|
|Premium (No Ads)||$10.99||$109.99|
|Hulu||Basic (With Ads)**||$7.99||$79.99|
|Premium (No Ads)**||$14.99||N/A|
|UFC PPV*||$74.99 (per event)|
|UFC PPV + Annual*||N/A||$124.98|
*Effective as of August 23, 2022 (previously announced)
**Effective as of October 10, 2022
Disney Bundle Plans:
|Disney Bundle||Basic (With Ads): Disney+, Hulu||$9.99|
|Basic (With Ads): Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+||$12.99|
|Legacy^: Disney+ (No Ads), Hulu (With Ads), ESPN+ (With Ads)||$14.99|
|Premium: Disney+ (No Ads), Hulu (No Ads), ESPN+ (With Ads)||$19.99|
^Existing subscribers only
Hulu + Live TV Plans:
|Hulu + Live TV||Basic (With Ads): Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+||$69.99|
|Legacy^: Disney+ (No Ads), Hulu (With Ads), ESPN+ (With Ads)||$74.99|
|Premium: Disney+ (No Ads), Hulu (No Ads), ESPN+ (With Ads)||$82.99|
^Existing subscribers only