The Disney+ Original show, High School Musical: The Musical – The Series, has been nominated for a GLAAD award in the Outstanding Kids & Family Programming category.
It will be competing with “Andi Mack” from the Disney Channel and “The Bravest Knight” from Hulu.
Here are the nominees for this category:
Outstanding Kids & Family Programming
- Andi Mack(The Disney Channel)
- The Bravest Knight (Hulu)
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series (Disney+)
- The Loud House (Nickelodeon)
- “Mr. Ratburn and the Special Someone” Arthur (PBS)
- Rocko’s Modern Life: Static Cling (Netflix)
- She-Ra and the Princesses of Power (Netflix)
- Steven Universe: The Movie (Cartoon Network)
- “A Tale of Two Nellas” Nella the Princess Knight (Nick Jr.)
- Twelve Forever (Netflix)
The GLAAD Media Awards recognize and honor media for their fair, accurate and inclusive representations of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) community and the issues that affect their lives.
High School Musical: The Musical – The Series follows a group of high school students staging a production of High School Musical. In it, the lead, Nini, has two moms and there are other LGBTQ characters in the school as well, including Carlos and Seb.
The GLAAD Media Awards ceremonies will be held in New York at the Hilton Midtown on Thursday, March 19th 2020 and in Los Angeles at the Beverly Hilton on Thursday, April 16th 2020.
What show do you think will win?