Disney+ HotStar has officially launched in Malaysia, offering over 800 films and 18,000 episodes from a selection of well-loved content from the Disney’s most iconic entertainment brands, including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic.
Subscribers can sign up on DisneyPlusHotstar.my or download the Disney+ Hotstar app on Android and iOS devices from today to start streaming Disney+ Hotstar for RM54.90 for three months.Special packages are available for Astro Movies Pack customers, while other Astro customers can find out more at astro.com.my/Disney.
Disney+ Hotstar brings thousands of hours of entertainment for all ages, offering an exceptional and expansive selection of over 800 films and 18,000 episodes from some of The Walt Disney Company’s greatest storytellers. Subscribers can look forward to the latest releases such as Raya and the Last Dragon (start streaming 4 June) and Luca (start streaming 18 June), blockbusters like Avengers: Endgame and Frozen 2, exclusive Disney+ Originals Loki (start streaming 9 June), The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, WandaVision and The Mandalorian, and exclusive premieres of some of Malaysia’s most anticipated films and drama series such as J2: J Retribusi, Zombitopia (start streaming 2 July), Ada Hantu (start streaming 13 August), Semanis Senyumanmu and Wifi Sebelah Rumah (start streaming 25 June).
Disney+ Hotstar viewing experiences with the highest visual and audio quality
With a growing library of movies and TV series available in Dolby Vision® HDR and Dolby Audio™, viewers with compatible devices can stream a selection of their favourite shows on Disney+ Hotstarwith remarkable visual and audio quality. Available on the Disney+ Hotstar app on Android TV and Apple TV, subscribers can enjoy ultra-vivid imaging with Dolby Vision, while Dolby Audio delivers crystal clarity, easy-to-hear dialogue, great detail, and realistic surround sound effects, and they all come together to dial up the impact of your favorite scenes and events.
Pankaj Kedia, Managing Director, Emerging Markets at Dolby Laboratories said, “We are excited to team up with Disney+ Hotstar to bring incredible audio and picture quality to the Disney+ Hotstar platform in Malaysia. With Dolby Vision and Dolby Audio, audiences can enjoy their favourite Disney+ Hotstar content in a spectacular experience from the comfort of their living rooms and on-the-go.”
Here is a look at some of the shows and films available on Disney+ HotStar:
- Marvel Super Heroes: Marvel Studios’ Original Series WandaVision (all episodes), The Falcon and The Winter Soldier (all episodes), Loki (starts streaming in June), Marvel Studios: Assembled and Marvel Studios: Legends, as well as blockbuster films including Avengers: Endgame, Avengers: Infinity War, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Deadpool and more. Also available are television series such as Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., M.O.D.O.K., Runaways and Cloak and Dagger
- Disney Favourites, including Original Animation and Live Action Remakes such as The Lion King, Mulan, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Dumbo, Frozen 1 and 2 and the Pirates of the Caribbean series
- Disney+ Originals: Exclusive titles only available on Disney+ Hotstar, such as The Mandalorian, The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers, folklore: the long pond studio sessions, The Right Stuff, High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, Big Shot, Flora & Ulysses, The One and Only Ivan, Muppets Now, Lady and the Tramp and Godmothered
- Top Malaysian hits: An exciting lineup of new releases and well-loved local content such as J2: J Retribusi, Zombitopia (starts streaming 2 July), Ada Hantu (starts streaming mid-Aug), Semanis Senyumanmu and Wifi Sebelah Rumah (starts streaming end-June). This is in addition to renowned Malaysian hits including: J Revolusi, Tombiruo, KL Special Force, Munafik, Istanbul Aku Datang!, Ejen Ali The Movie, Upin & Ipin: Keris Siamang Tunggal (starts streaming mid-June), The Rock movies (Rock, Rock Oo!, Rock Bro!, and Rock 4: Rockers Never Dai), Talentime, Mukhsin, The Kid From The Big Apple 2, Vedigundu Pasangge, Evolusi KL Drift 1 & 2, KL Gangster 1 & 2, Gol & Gincu 1 & 2, Guang, Redha and Roh
- All 12 Star Wars movies, including Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Star Wars: The Last Jedi and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
- Powerful storytelling from Pixar Animation Studios: Heartwarming and award-winning films like Soul, Toy Story 4, Coco, The Incredibles 2, Finding Dory, shorts such as 22 vs. Earth, Burrow, Bao and Pixar Popcorn as well as Inside Pixar, an inside look into the people, artistry and culture of Pixar Animation Studios
- Informational content from National Geographic: Explore the world with Secret of the Whales, Own the Room, Gordon Ramsay: Uncharted, Free Solo, The Right Stuff, The World According to Jeff Goldblum, Genius and Wicked Tuna
- Hours of compelling family-friendly entertainment: This includes the likes of hit series such as Ejen Ali, Alif & Sofia (starts streaming mid-July), Wizards of Warna Walk, Mickey and the Roadster Racers, over 10 seasons of Upin & Ipin for kids and families, and so much more
- General entertainment films and series: Nomadland, Grey’s Anatomy, 9-1-1, Criminal Minds, Home Alone franchise, The Walking Dead, 24, Aliens franchise, Avatar, Planet of the Apes franchise, Family Guy, Fresh off the Boat, Ford V Ferrari, Homeland, How I Met Your Mother, Jojo Rabbit, Modern Family, The Simpsons, The X-Files franchise, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia and more
- Popular Chinese movies and series: The Silent Forest, Ip Man 4: The Finale, Agent Mr. Chan, Infernal Affairs, Line Walker 2, The Storm Riders, Number 1 (starts streaming mid-June), The Deer and the Cauldron, The Legend of Hao Lan, Nothing Gold Can Stay and Ruyi’s Royal Love in the Palace
- Exclusive never-seen-before Hindi and Tamil movies and series by Hotstar: Dil Bechara, Lootcase, Khuda Hafiz, Teddy (starts streaming mid-June), Big Bull (starts streaming end-June), 1232 KMS (starts streaming mid-July), The Legend of Hanuman (starts streaming mid-July), Live Telecast and Triples
- Tamil blockbusters and Star Vijay series: Vishwaroopam 1 and 2, Maari, Thuppakki, Nanban, Kaaka Muttai, Pandian Stores, Bharathi Kannamma, Raja Rani, Super Singer 8 and Naam Iruvar Namakku Iruvar
Subscribers will be able to stream Disney+ Hotstar on a wide selection of compatible mobile and connected TV devices at launch, including streaming media players. Each registered account can support two concurrent streams, and the majority of content is available for download on mobile and tablet. All content is commercial-free, with a dedicated kids section with age-appropriate content and a kid-friendly, easy-to-navigate user interface.
What will you be checking out on Disney+ HotStar first?