With Disney launching its new general entertainment brand “Star” on Disney+ on Tuesday 23rd February, the price of the streaming service is going up.
The introduction of “Star” will add hundreds of movies and thousands of episodes of popular television series at launch, with hundreds more movies and shows being added throughout the year. Disney+ is also going to be getting 35 brand new “Star Originals” throughout the year including four titles at launch including “Love, Victor” and “Big Sky”.
If you are a monthly subscriber or aren’t yet a subscriber, today is the last day to get a Disney+ annual subscription for the existing price, which could save around £20 a year.
Here is the new pricing for Disney+ as of February 23, 2021:
• Canada: $11.99/month or $119.99/annual
• Australia: $11.99/month or $119.99/annual
• New Zealand: $12.99/month or $129.99/annual
• UK: £7.99/month or £79.90/annual
• Euro: 8.99/month or 89.90/annual
• Norway: 89.00kr/month or 890.00kr/annual
• Denmark: 79.00kr/month or 790.00kr/annual
• Sweden: 89.00 kr/month or 890.00 kr/annual
• Switzerland: CHF12.90/month or CHF129.00/annua
l• Singapore: $11.98/month or $119.98/annual
Pricing on IAP platforms may vary based on platform limitations for country-specific pricing and/or currencies in the region.
The good news for existing customers in Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada, current prices for existing subscribers will be honoured for 6 months, with the price change taking effect on 23rd August 2021.
- Existing monthly customers will continue to be charged the current lower price for all monthly recurring payments that occur before 23rd August. All subsequent recurring payments ON OR AFTER 23rd August will be at the new higher price.
- Existing annual customers who are due to renew for another year BEFORE 23rd August will be charged the current lower price.
- Existing annual customers who are due to renew for another year ON OR AFTER 23rd August will be charged the new higher price.
Disney has released a flow chart to give a clearer idea of how this works:
Disney+ will also be going up in the United States on March 23rd by a dollar, as will the Disney Streaming Bundle with ESPN+ and Hulu.
Are you going to take out an annual subscription today?